Monday, April 02, 2012

Reflections on the Psalms (Psalm 3)


"LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! 
Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”

But you, LORD, are a shield around me, 
my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 
I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. 
I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side."


If you haven't been there you will someday trust me.  Its that point in life when you feel like all the wheels have fallen of your car of life.  You are surrounded on every side with enemies and the walls are caving in around you.  If you are not claustrophobic you will at least feel like it.  In times like these our relationship with God is put to the test. Who or what will you run to for deliverance?  In whom or what will you seek comfort?  Who or what will become your savior?  Many will mock you and several others will stand in disbelief.

Its not easy to stand firm and proclaim "God is my shield and my glory" in times like this.  But its exactly at times like this when we should, and when we do, God is given all the glory because He delivers us with Hs mighty hand and others can't help but stand in awe.  This happens over and over in the Old Testament.  The Bible is flooded (sorry Noah) with stories of this happening.  God will not always protect us from the pain, discomfort, persecution and trials of this world  But He does promise to be our rock, that which sustains us.  Because of that we rest assured without fear of our enemies that God is in control and His glory will ultimately be made know through lives circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do understand that with my own experiences. I sometimes feel like I'm trapped or in a dark tunnel and no ones around to comfort me. I had had some tough things in my life. That's why I write songs to let all my feelings out in music to God. I know he is always there to comfort me and help me in my weakness.

Lauren