Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reflections on the Psalms (Psalm 27)


"Though an army besiege me,
 my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    
and to seek him in his temple. 
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;

he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    
and set me high upon a rock.

I remain confident of this:
    
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
 be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."


-Asking a girl out on a date
-Speaking in front of a crowd
-Taking the game winning shot at the buzzer
-Standing up for something you know is right

What do these things have in common???
Confidence.... its a life skill we all seek to develop and instill in our children.  Its the same with our relationship with God.  God wants us to be confident in the fact that He is in control and that we are His children.  We can rest in the truth that God wants us to dwell in His house, to live with Him.  His house is our shelter in time of distress, a refuge from the storms of life.

With this confidence we can seek after God and all of the goodness He has for us.  We can be strong and courageous regardless of our surroundings because we know the end of the story.  We know that the darkness is overcome by light, the lost are found, the blind will see that the lame will walk, the dead will live and that forever God will reign!

What area of your walk do you need to ask God to give you confidence in?

No comments: