Friday, June 15, 2012

Reflections on the Psalms (Psalm 18)


I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.
The Lord lives!
Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God my Savior!


Think about how many things move when they are pushed or shoved.  Can you think of very many things that cannot be knocked over with some sort of force or weight?  Life is full of pushes and shoves, winds and forces that push and pull us around making us go where we don't want to go.  We are reminded that in a life that can push us around we have a steady stronghold, a refuge, our rock, God.

Its in God that we can take refuge from the storm, He is our stronghold in life.  God is the immovable mover, the uncreated creator who sustains all life.  There is none other like God and so He alone is worthy to be praised!

No comments: