Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Reflections on the Psalms (Psalm 13)


How long, Lord will you forget me forever?
    
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

But I trust in your unfailing love; 
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
  
for he has been good to me.


When we are in the middle of tough times or trials in life time seems to slow down.  It seems like forever when we experience unwanted pain and suffering.  So its no wonder the psalmist asks the question "how long"?  But God always has a plan for our lives and He experiences time in a different way than we do.

Its very important to remember in times like these God's unfailing love.  We must remember that God promises us that as followers of Christ we will experience trials and tribulations, and that God will not allow us to be in a situation that we cannot get out of if we trust in Him.  Its when we look back and remember the things that God has done we can have joy in our hearts and sing of Gods salvation in the midst of suffering.  We know Christ has overcome the grave and that God wins.  We remember this life is temporary and eternity will be spent with Him in heaven.

No comments: